Role: Software Engineer
Reports to: Lead Software Engineers
Ideal start date: ASAP
Length: 6 months minimum
Location: Level 2, 333 Exhibition Street, Melbourne
Ideal availability: 10 hours/week
We are seeking engaged and passionate engineers to join the Robotics and AI Lab at MSP. This team is engaged in designing and developing intelligent software systems for real-world use cases. The responsibilities of the role extend across a wide range of disciplines and you will have the opportunity to undertake work from any of these areas, depending on your own interests, skillset and initiative.
Examples of responsibilities that will be involved in the project are:
- Collect and analyse sensor data using Robot Operating System (ROS)
- Develop path planning and obstacle avoidance algorithms for a Mars Rover
- Develop image recognition models to identify objects and classify terrain
Supporting and collaborating with team members
Essential skills for potential candidates are:
- Python and/or C++ experience (required)
- A desire to learn!
The additional desired (but not required) skills and traits we are looking for in potential candidates are:
- Experience with ROS or Linux
- Demonstrated effective time management and adaptability
- Demonstrated ability to take initiative for working on tasks or taking on challenges
- Previous experience with robotics and complex problem solving
The time commitment is maximum 10 hours/week but will often be less demanding and we accommodate your study needs, especially during the exam period. To be considered you will also need to be a student currently taking a minimum of 2 subjects per semester.
The interview process
Applications will close on Monday 19th August at 11:59pm. The process involves two rounds of interviewing.
FIRST ROUND INTERVIEWS
Start: 20th August (rolling)
End: 27th August
SECOND ROUND INTERVIEWS
Start: 28th August (rolling)
End: 4th September
*Please note that all roles within MSP, from the Managing Director to the newest member, are volunteer-based.
How to apply
For the full application form, position description and additional details, click here.